1. Basic attitude toward personal information usage
The Company shall clearly establish the purpose of personal information use within the required scope to conduct business and shall obtain, use, and provide it appropriately. The information obtained shall be used only within the scope of its intended use, and measures should be taken to prevent its use for any other purpose.
2. Compliance with laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal information, and other applicable laws
3. Court of jurisdiction
If a dispute arises in the course of business, the court with jurisdiction over the location of the Company’s headquarters (Hiroshima District Court) shall be the court of first instance.
4. Collection of personal information
The Company may collect personal information (address, name, contact information, etc.) from the purchasers of the Company’s products, people who inquire or consult with the Company’s Customer Satisfaction Office, people who request product samples or materials, and questionnaire respondents (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Customers”) to provide better services. The Company shall clearly establish the purpose of personal information usage and obtain it within the required scope by legal and fair means.
5. Purposes of personal information usage
(1) Delivery of products handled by the Company (including product samples) to Customers, sending Direct Messages to Customers, and providing information on new products and services, campaigns, and events.
(2) Settlement or collection of payments for products requested by Customers, refunds to Customers, post-sales follow-up services, and other work required in the execution of services and transactions.
(3) Providing information on other companies’ products and services, which the Company has determined to be appropriate, by e-mail, SMS (short message), mail, and telephone.
(4) Handling of inquiries from Customers, response to the inquiries made by the Company to Customers, response to suggestions made to the Company, and the storage of records by the Company.
(5) Confirmation of facts and communication with the person concerned if unauthorized use of personal information occurs or may occur.
(6) Responding to correspondence associated with the use and visit of our facilities, and contacting in case of emergency.
(7) Announcement of important notices regarding the goods and services of the Company, such as the amendment of terms and conditions, planned service stoppages, or changes in functions.
(8) Personalization of the content and advertising that are to be browsed by Customers based on their personal attributes, such as gender, age, place of residence, hobbies and preferences, purchasing history, and browsing history of websites operated by the Company.
(9) Analysis of the use of services by Customers to improve the quality of the Company’s products and services and ensure the development.
(10) Communication with Customers when implementing a questionnaire survey on the Company’s products and services, holding a campaign or event, receiving a request, and so on.
(11) Assessment of how the Company’s products and services are used by Customers and their satisfaction levels.
(12) Analysis of Customers’ viewing and purchase history and advertisement of products and services according to their preferences.
(13) Conducting behavioral targeting advertising using advertising service providers such as Google.
(14) For purposes other than (1) to (13), the Company will issue a notice on the purpose of use separately.
6. Provision of personal information
(1) The Company shall not provide or disclose Customers’ personal information to a third party, except where recognized by the law.
(2) The Company records telephone calls when Customers contact the Company and when the Company receives questions or opinions. A call from a number-withheld phone will not be connected; hence, Customers are requested to dial “186” before the free-dial number. The Company uses the recorded content to confirm the details and provide better services.
7. Joint use of personal information
The Company may jointly use the personal information it obtains in writing or by telephone with the company specified below within the scope described in (1) and (2) of the Purposes of personal information usage section to provide comprehensive services.
(1) Jointly-used personal information
This includes all personal information of a customer unless the Customer makes a specific request.
(2) Company that jointly uses personal information
(3) Persons responsible for joint use
Persons responsible: Yoshinori Matsuura, Representative Director, Manda Fermentation Co., Ltd.
Address: 5800-95 Innoshima Shigei-cho, Onomichi City, Hiroshima Prefecture
8. Consignment of personal information
The Company may consign some personal information processing tasks to an external contractor. However, the Company shall only provide personal information to the contractor after concluding a contract so the contractor does not use the personal information for any purpose other than that related to the outsourced work and manages the personal information appropriately. In addition, the Company shall not consign the handling of personal information, except for achieving the purposes of use clearly described to Customers.
9. Safety management measures
The Company shall maintain the Customers’ personal information under a strict management system; implement safety measures and corrective action at an appropriate and reasonable level to prevent unauthorized access to personal information as well as its theft, loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage; and strive to strengthen the security of personal information. The main details are as follows.
(1) Concerning the personal information management system, the Company has established internal rules and procedures for the appropriate protection of the personal information the Company handles in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws and regulations.
(2) The Company has established an operational organization, stipulated the roles of the main work, and established an organizational framework on safety management measures to implement an effective personal information protection management system.
(3) The Company should provide regular education to employees and implement internal audits to properly handle personal information.
(4) The Company shall implement employee entrance and exit management in areas where personal information is handled and take measures to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing personal information.
(5) The Company has introduced a mechanism for protecting information systems that handle personal information from unauthorized external access and unauthorized software and has taken measures to prevent the leakage of personal information. This website uses encrypted communication based on Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) for some content, such as pages where Customers enter personal information, to protect their personal information. SSL and TLS are security functions that protect important information exchanged on the Internet from being intercepted by third parties. Both are used to send and receive information entered on this site in an encrypted form. However, the safety of such information is not guaranteed by the Company. If an accident such as data leakage occurs, the Company shall not bear any responsibility. However, the exemption does not apply if an accident occurs because of the Company’s intentional or negligent acts.
10.Personal information disclosure, correction, and suspension of use
(1) The Company shall handle the disclosure, correction, and suspension of use of Customers’ personal information held by the Company at the request of the customer concerned or the authorized agent in accordance with the Act on the Protection of personal information.
(2) If an error exists in the personal information disclosed to the Customer, the Company will promptly correct it.
(3) If the customer concerned or the authorized representative requests the suspension of the use of personal information, the Company shall promptly discontinue personal information use. However, the Company may not be able to discontinue for the minimum level of information required for the proper operation of its business.
(4) The Company may collect a processing fee for a request from the Customer regarding the disclosure of their personal information.
(5) A copy of an official identification form (driver’s license, health insurance card, passport, or certificate of residence) certifying the identity of the person concerned is required in relation to a Customer’s request for disclosure.
If you have any other opinions or questions about personal information, feel free to inquire with the Customer Information Consultation Office.
11.Privacy of minors (minors require the permission of a guardian)
The Company’s website and linked websites are not intended for minors. Minors may not use this website without the permission of a parent, guardian, or legal guardian (hereafter referred to as “Guardian”). Any Guardian who wishes to reference or delete a minor’s data should contact the Customer Information Consultation Office; the details are provided below.
12.Handling of personal information subject to disclosure
Please use the following contact details to inquire or register complaints regarding the Company’s handling of personal information:
(1) Personal Information Protection Manager
Representative Customer Information Consultation Office Manager
Contact Customer Information Consultation Office
(2) Contact details
5800-95 Innoshima Shigei-cho, Onomichi City, Hiroshima Prefecture 722-2192
Customer Information Consultation Office, Manda Fermentation Co., Ltd.
Phone 0120-00-5339 (8.30 to 17.30 *excluding Sundays, public holidays and year-end, and New Year holidays)
FAX 0845-24-3436 (available 24 hours a day)
(3) Purposes of use of personal information held by the Company
Please refer to section 5
(4) Procedure for disclosing personal information held by the Company
Please refer to section 10
13.Continuous improvement of the personal information protection management system
Date of establishment: March 22, 2005
Manda Fermentation Co., Ltd.
Yoshinori Matsuura, Representative Director
[Latest revision date: March 31, 2022]