Manda Fermentation Co., Ltd. (“we”) make various efforts to increase customer satisfaction and for safety and reassurance of our customers with the aim of realizing our corporate philosophy which is “the contribution to the health and wellness of people and the world”.
Even for the handling of information that can identify individual customer (“personal information”), on the basis of our corporate philosophy, we fully recognize the importance of the protection of personal information. Thus, we strictly adhere to protect the customer’s personal information.
About our basic stance on personal information:
We establish the intended use and scope of personal information that is necessary for business operation and collect, use, and provide personal information appropriately. We use all personal information only within the intended use, and take measures to prevent other use.
About the legal compliance concerning the protection of personal information:
We establish the intended use and scope of personal information that is necessary for business operation and collect, use, and provide personal information appropriately. We use all personal information only within the purpose of use, and take measures to prevent other use.
About the collection of personal information:
To better serve our customers, we may collect customer’s personal information (address, name, and other contact information) from those who purchased our products, those who sent inquiries (reported)/seeked consultation to our customer satisfaction unit, those who requested a product sample and information material, and those who submited questionnaires (“customers”).
In such a case, we will acquire personal information needed by lawful and fair means, identifying the purpose of use to the greatest extent possible.
About the utilization purpose of personal information:
- We use customer’s personal information for the purpose of sending products (samples), collecting payment for products, providing after-the-sale services, sending information about new products and promotions, marketing products, and soliciting for various questionnaires, quizzes, and opinions (feedback).
- There may be cases when we entrust customer’s personal information to outsourcing contractors for the purpose of creating and delivering information publications as part of after-the-sale services, or for the purpose of delivering promotional gift to eligible persons.
*In cases where we entrust all or part of the handling of personal information, we carefully select outsourcing contractors that meet sufficient protection standards under the responsibility of our company and properly manage and supervise customer’s personal information after entering into a contract concerning the protection of personal information.
- There may be cases when two companies in the Manda Group use personal information acquired from customers in writing or by telephone, etc., for the purpose of providing comprehensive services within the scope of utilization purposes mentioned in above (1) and (2). The information that we share may include name, contact information (address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc.), purchase history of products, contents of inquiries, requests and opinions. In cases where we share other information, we notify or publish to a person concerned separately. The management representative for sharing personal information is our company, Manda Fermentation Co., Ltd.
Below is our affiliated companies that share its use:
Manda Co., Ltd.
Manda Fermentation Co., Ltd.
5800-95 Innoshima Shigei-cho, Onomichi City, Hiroshima Prefecture
About the management and protection of personal information:
We manage and maintain personal information using a strict management system. We make efforts to strengthen security by using appropriate and reasonable security measures and correction measures to protect our databases and servers against unauthorized access, risks of theft, loss, destruction, modification, or improper disclosure of data.
About the disclosure and provision of personal information:
We do not disclose or provide the personal information collected from customers to any third parties without the consent of customers.
However, please note that we may disclose personal information in the circumstances stated below:
- In cases where customers give prior consent to the disclosure and sharing of information.
- In cases where necessary to disclose and share information to provide services requested by customers.
- In cases where a public institution, such as a judicial court or the police department, requests information in accordance with the law.
- In cases where there is an imminent hazardous situation and pressing needs to protect human life, body, and/or assets.
About the disclosure, correction request, complaint and consultation regarding personal information:
Please contact the following help desk for inquiries regarding the disclosure, correction (modification, addition, and removal), suspension and deletion of personal information that we possess, as well as a request procedure of these information.
We will confirm identification in writing and handle without delay.
We also respond appropriately and promptly to complaints and consultation.
Inquiries: Manda Koso Customer Satisfaction Unit
|Adress:||5800-95 Innoshima Shigei-cho, Onomichi City, Hiroshima Prefecture 722-2192 Japan|
|Fax:||+81-845-26-2034 (Open 24 hours a day)|
|Hours of operation:||8:45 a.m.-5:45 p.m. (Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)|
About the continuous improvement of the management system for the protection of personal information:
We continue to review and improve the management system for the protection of personal information.
Established on March 22, 2005.
Manda Co., Ltd.
Manda Fermentation Co., Ltd.
President, Yoshinori Matsuura
Last updated on March 1, 2015.